To transfer a license to Alabama, you must hold a current license in another state.  First, you must request a certification of licensure from the state where you are currently licensed to be sent to our board.  The certification must be sent directly from your current state to our board.  Then, complete the Application for Reciprocity to Alabama 

The application can not be processed until the certification of licensure is received from your current state.  The application fee is a non-refundable fee of $100.   You will be notified if you are required to take the practical examination, or both the written and practical examinations.  There is an additional fee of $75 for the written examination, and $130 for the practical examination.

Any questions concerning reciprocity, please contact Denise in our office at